Sunday, January 20, 2008

Week 4

Yep! I did it! Week 4 day 1. It was challenging, but good. I was scared of this week, but it was good. Man, I am on the treadmill today, and it being Sunday, there is nothing good on T.V., so I just cranked up my iPod and went for it. And, while I was running, listening to my iPod and staring at the snow falling down outside of the gym window, I am daydreaming of running that 5K, and even a 1/2 marathon. I was imagining what it would feel like to cross the finish line of a 1/2 marathon. And, I want it. And, the only thing that can stop me is me, right? So, I think that I am going to train for this 5K, and I am going to DO IT. And, slowly I am going to keep moving forward, and I am going to do a 1/2 marathon. Not this year, maybe not even next year, but eventually, I HAVE to do it.
But for now... I am going to focus on being ready for the Eugene 5K, in May and Bloomsday 1n May 2009, and hopefully some other races along the way! Because... I CAN!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

You go girl!!

Kristie said...

Awesome!!! I'm on day 1 tommorrow!!! Can't wait for warmer weather so we can get together and run outside!!