Sunday, January 27, 2008

Frustrated

I got a new treadmill yesterday!
I am excited about that, now I can run from my nice warm house!

I am however feeling very frustrated about my running on schedule situation. For some reason, I can't seem to get through week 4. I did day one last week, and I thought I did fine. Then, I didn't run for a few days, and then tried day 2, later in the week, and COULDN'T finish running, I ended up just walking the last 1/2 mile, because my legs were cramping up so bad, and I was beat.
So, I took a few days off, and tried to stretch a bunch, and decided to start over with day one today. I ended up walking the last 1/4 mile today. I feel like I could just cry. It isn't fun anymore, when I just end up feeling bad about my progress.

I am really unsure what to do, maybe just keep doing the week 4 plan until it is easier.

Any advise from anyone who knows anything about it? By the end of next week, I am supposed to be running a full 2 miles without walking, and right now it is taking all I have to run 1/2 mile twice in one work-out. YIKES! What to do, What to do.

I really am surprised that I am struggling so hard. I have worked my way up slowly, and I just can't seem to get passed this point.

So, then I ask myself... Am I going to be ABLE to run a 5K in MAY?

Sorry about being a downer. I just want to document my thoughts and feeling in my journey, hoping that some day I will look back and laugh at how out of shape I WAS!

4 comments:

Kristie said...

don't give up!! You CAN do this!! Give yourself a break...you had a really tough week! You'll find your groove again!

YEAH for you and your new treadmill!

Kristie said...

How's the new treadmill treating you?

Hope your kiddos have recovered! Have a great weekend!

Michelle said...

Hey... I am totally with you! This has been very hard for me, too. I have a friend at work who has decided to give this a try. I am starting over with her. I figure as long as we are moving TOWARDS the goal we are moving!! :-) Hope all is well at your house!

Michelle said...

How are you doing these days?